Waxing is one of the most popular approaches to remove hair in the body. It is better than razor and it can be done easily at home. This type of hair removal gives a good finish and the skin becomes smooth.
The reasons why waxing is popular include
It is highly effective in removing group of hair at one go. The wax pervades in the follicles of hair when removing the hair. It makes the hair thinner. Waxing for men is also easy.
A big advantage is that unlike other methods this does not involve any professional help. It is plain and easy and can be done by anyone. The instructions in the manual are good enough for everyone.
3.) Cost effective
Waxing at home is highly cost effective and so has existed for so long. While electrolysis and laser methods are effective, hair waxing at home costs very little in comparison.
4.) Saves time
It is very effective to utilize time. After applying wax you can use the time in between to read or talk on the phone. Other methods do not give this leeway. As hair gets thinner when waxing is done regularly, the process becomes easier as time goes by.
Shaving can cause cuts resulting in bleeding. Other methods like laser cause rashes etc. If your skin is not sensitive, generally for full body waxing no issues happen. Rashes may happen if you are allergic to the strong chemicals in the waxing products that you are using. Thus you should check the wax product on one area of the skin before proceeding to use it completely.
- Don’t try to wax too short hair. If the hair is too long, trim it before waxing. The ideal length of hair for waxing is .25 to .75 inches.
- Before waxing, make sure your skin is not wet. Using powders which can dry the skin.
- Exfoliate your skin with a body scrub before and after waxing moisturize your skin.
- Applying and pulling in the right direction is very important for waxing to yield results. The wax should be applied in direction of hair growth so that the wax adheres properly. The cloth wax strips should be applied in the same direction. When removing the cloth, it should be pulled in the direction opposite to the hair growth.
- Applying pressure to the same spot of waxing relieves immediate pain.
- Never wax the same area twice in the same sitting. Tweezing can be used to remove stray hairs.
- Acne, skin allergies or sunburns should lead you to avoid waxing. In such cases check with your doctor.
- Choose the wax depending on your skin type. There are traditional waxes like lemon and sugar but chocolate, aloe vera, strawberry also have become popular.
- For sensitive skin aloe vera is good.
- Chocolate wax is less painful and hence does not cause rashes.
- Strawberry melts fast and thus is not sticky and pulls hair very effectively.